I'd rather have sticks and stones and broken bones
Than the words you say to me.
Cause I know bruises heal and cuts they seal
But your words beat the life from me.
Goodbye is the best way I know
To forgive and still be letting go...
_____________________________________________________________________
Grace's amazing hands, they're ugly
They're bruised by the blows that I've blown.
She knows well I don't deserve her
But she laughs and says that's the way love goes.
What did I do, what did I say?
For love to smile down on me,
And show me amazing grace.
Show me amazing grace...
People ask me how I'm doing. I normally say something to the effect of "good." And that's true..."good" is the truth...I'm much better than I deserve. I'm forgiven, so I'm more than just "good." But I've got to be honest...
I'm tired.
Mentally, physically, emotionally....but mostly emotionally.
I'm tired of this fight.
Day by day, moment by moment fight.
I'm ready for this to be over.
But I know Jesus will get me through this.
He has promised to never leave me or forsake me...wherever I am.
And He who promised is faithful!
Oh Jesus, I know You're faithful. But remind me again, because I so easily forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Yes Lord, continue to remind us all. Because He gets us through every moment of our life, not one moment did we get ourselves through.
Post a Comment