"Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that He opened for us through the curtain, that is, through His flesh, and since we have a great High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." (Hebrews 10:19-23)
This is probably my favorite passage in the Bible.
Why, you ask? Well, I shall tell you and not leave you in suspense a moment longer. :)
A few years ago, I did an inductive study on Hebrews. In part of that study we compared the Old Testament's high priest with the great High Priest referred to here in Hebrews 10. The old high priest could only sacrifice pure animals for the sins of the nation...yet he himself was still sinful. It didn't take away the sin, but it did satisfy God's requirement for a sacrifice. The old high priest also worked under the Old Testament covenant...God's original promise to Abraham to establish Israel in number and place. That is all wonderful...it shows the grace of God to His sinful people through sacrifice and also shows His faithfulness and how He will establish what He says.
Contrast that with our new High Priest...our Savior Jesus Christ. This Priest is completely sinless...He has been tempted in every way we have been, yet He never sinned (Hebrews 4:15). His sacrifice was Himself...the radiance of God's glory, perfect, sinless. He was sacrificed for those who were sinful and had hardened their hearts against God. This sacrifice was complete....it completely exhausted God's wrath. And a new covenant was established...God's covenant with those who believe in His Son.
With the old priest, the people still could not enter the presence of God without being struck down dead because of their sinfulness. But, because of the sacrifice If Jesus, our new High Priest, we can boldly enter God's presence, because our hearts are now clean by His blood. Our sin is gone. We can have fellowship with God because of Jesus.
So back to Hebrews 10. I can hold fast to my confession of faith because I have seen the faithfulness of God by sending His Son and I know that I am secure as one who has put her faith in Jesus to save her from her sins. I know that I can remain steadfast under trial because Jesus has promised to never leave me or forsake me...and He who promised is faithful. I can be confident that He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it...because He who promised is faithful. I can be confident that the Lord who established my days before I was even born and who knows the story of my life that I have yet to know will put the steps I need before me as He has promised...because He who promised is faithful.
See...it's all good. I don't have to worry...even though I do sometimes. I don't have to despair when I see things not quite going how I want them...because I know that my God's plans are better.
The Lord has promised good to me
His Word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures.
My chains are gone
I've been set free!
My God, my Savior has ransomed me!
And like a flood His mercy reigns.
Unending love, amazing grace!
Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Praise GOD someone at your young and tender age knows this this day and time! How refreshing. You are right and I praise God that you do. You need to watch the movie out now on DVD "Amazing Grace".........The man William Wilbursone in the movie, actor I do not know, but this is the role he plays has a steadfast hope and faith in God. See, the battle is the Lord's, we just have to show up for the battle, Amanda because God calls the faithful to battlefields because He has an assignment for them........but, we have to show up
and we can't run from the battle as long as He wants us there. You will be assigned positions and assignments in God's battles. But, He who promised is faithful. Just show up.
He who promised IS faithful. Watch the movie. ;)
God bless you......my young friend...in Christ.
A reader from S GA,
Cindy Clark
Amanda......keep your eyes on God every day of your life.....Focus on Him.....Gaze at God and only glance at life and others. As long as you give God your gaze...HE is in control and look at it like a triangle...God at the top you on one corner, life at the other end or people....If your gaze is on God, He can work in and through you....and in and through the situation or person...difficult people, etc....But, if your gaze is on life and the difficult circumstances or person....and your glance is on God, see how it works...Picture youreyes on God....and an arrow coming down the triangle and across as long as your eyes are on God.......My Uncle, a former pastor taught me that as a young child....and it never left my heart.
Be still and know that HE is God....everyday....It doesn't really matter what is going on in life.......good or bad.....IT is ALLLLL about GOD. ALL about GOD.
IT is not about getting married, being single, a career.....it is about GOD. It is not about being anything....a missionary or anything....IT is alllll about HIM>
Keep your Gaze on the Lord your GOD. But, keep your heart there also...on GOD, not just your eyes.
Great Amanda........Praise GOD....
Keep the wisdom.
Cindy
Post a Comment