So it's about 1pm in the Hollis house and 21 people are gathered, hands joined, in a circle in my kitchen about to pray and eat. I look around at familiar faces of friends and family whom I love dearly. I think to myself...wow, I'm so undeserving of so much blessing. I'm standing between two friends whom I've known for about ten years; across from me are my amazing parents; my mom's parents and my dad's mom and brother are around the circle to my right; my sisters are scattered between Matthias and their friends; and to my left are two of my parents' best friends...and people I have come to deeply respect and admire. In this room alone are 20 individuals I am deeply thankful for.
And now, I'm thinking of things outside of that circle of friends and family. I am thinking of grace...pure, amazing grace that flows from the wounds of a precious Savior. Thank you, Jesus for Your sacrifice for me...You satisfied my greatest need and have provided abundantly for other, much less significant needs.
I am also thinking of more physical things to be thankful for. I have a comfortable house, specifically the couch I'm sitting (and about to fall asleep) on...and if anyone has ever heard me talk about my couch, you know that it's like my favorite thing in my whole house...well, besides my piano, of course. But on a more serious note, I have a comfortable house, a closet that looks like 4 clothing stores dumped their entire inventory all over it (yeah, it's that messy...oops), and a bed that is calling my name rather loudly. Thank You, Jesus, for giving me all I need and more!
I am also distracted...my head feels like it's about to blow up right now. But, other than small pains like that, I am perfectly healthy. I have no chronic sicknesses that I know of right now. I have no health problems...and neither does anyone in my family. Thank You, Jesus, for good health!
There are so many other things I am thankful for right now...many friends, more family...a lot of smiles in my life. I am a blessed girl.
But I forget about these blessings so often! Oh Jesus, don't let me think about all You have blessed me with just once a year. Remind me each day of your goodness to me. Let me never forget it. Let me never forget all You have given me. I don't ever want to take You for granted...so let me always remember how wonderful You have been to me and how undeserving I am of it all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
One of the tactics of the enemy is to discourage us through pain, disappointment, etc...Be wise to this...Don't let him wear you down with doubt, discouragment...Satan seeks to DIS us...HE uses all the words that start with prefix Dis against us...Don't let him "dis" you....This is a good website of sermons on that....Just about the time you get content and in the position of thankfulness and gratitude.....Satan will try to rise up with something to discourage, disappoint, something to create doubt in you...God is the God of encouraging things....
Be thankful, but live in a spirit of his tactics. Be vigilant in prayer, alert in the spirit, and wise...to his ways...Stay ahead of the game through the spirit of prayer....
http://www.oneplace.com/Ministries/Search.aspx?skylist_signup_email_address=your+email+address&q=discouragement&ddlSearch=oneplace&submit1=SEARCH
Don't be afraid of pain...be it emotional, physical, mental...etc...or just from life's
disappointments....but, instead, be filled with the Spirit realizing that you never understand what pain is unless you hurt. And, you never understand what hurt is unless you have pain.
Be brave, strong, and stand firm in the Word of Truth. IT will uphold you.
Glance at the hurt, and gaze at the Healer and focus on the truth. Don't let Satan use pain to take your eyes of God and to put your eyes on the hurt or on the pain. Satan wants your gaze to be on the pain or on what is happening to you or happening in your life. Satan wants you to gaze at your troubles, your trials, your fears. Satan wants you to be distracted from gazing at God. He only wants you to give God the glance. Stay firm, Amanda!! FIRM!
I love your words of encouragement, and am so thankful to have your example, above many things! Thank you for being a living testimony of Jesus! Love ya girl!
Post a Comment