Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Retaliation

So this is my response to my little sister (Andrea) posting an incriminating video of myself and Emily on her blog. *maniacal laughter*

Enjoy!




I don't want to do an actual new post yet...the video is still the greatest thing ever and I want everyone who can to see it. :)

But I've been thinking lately about some things. Things that I am thankful for have been flooding my mind...and that's good.

I read something out of Isaiah 9 the other day and I wanted to share. So here it is:

"The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light;those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness,on them has light shined. You have multiplied the nation;you have increased its joy;they rejoice before you as with joy at the harvest,as they are glad when they divide the spoil. For the yoke of his burden,and the staff for his shoulder,the rod of his oppressor,you have broken as on the day of Midian. For every boot of the tramping warrior in battle tumult and every garment rolled in blood will be burned as fuel for the fire. For to us a child is born,to us a son is given;and the government shall be upon his shoulder,and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom,to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore.The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this."

I am thankful that the light of Jesus came into the darkness and shined His light into my life. I am thankful that He has given me joy. I am thankful that my oppressor has been broken and I am now free from sin. I am glad that my King's government is established with justice and righteousness...for no sin can dwell there. I am thankful that the King of Kings stepped down from heaven, took the form of a helpless human baby, grew up as a perfect child and led a perfect life and died a perfect death so that I may be forgiven of my sin and be free to worship Him with all of me. Isn't He good!

3 comments:

maggie said...

Haha! Good job Amanda! :)

Andrea Hollis said...

very evil! VERY VERY EVIL! oh, trust me, you'll pay for it my friend!!

RACHEL GANSTER said...

That is so funny!!