So...picture this: I'm in my kitchen talking to my mom. It had been kind of a rough day As I'm relaying my life's problems to my ever ready-to-listen, extremely wise mother, Andrea (my little 12-year-old Hannah Montana addict sister) walks in...
Me: (on the verge of tears)I don't know if I can take it anymore...(or something pathetically like that...)
Andrea: (enters the scene) What's wrong?
Mom: Sissy's had a rough day...
Andrea: (in the smart alecky-ist tone she can find) (sigh) Build a bridge, and get over it!
Now, as much as I wanted to smack the living daylights out of her, I just broke down laughing hysterically.
That's the kindness of God right there...getting me back into reality and making me realize that no matter how much I feel like I can't make it through another day or no matter how physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted I am, I have the power to get over it. That power is available because of Jesus. God will never give me any more than I can bear...and because of the cross I have a Savior who's been through all I have and more who is compassionate to me and who will perfect His power in me. Yes, I am helpless in and of my own strength...but I am more than a conqueror because of Jesus!
So I'm still better than I deserve to be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
how-do-i-do-it? (hannah montana quote)
andrea
love u!
Post a Comment