Saturday, June 23, 2007

Trusting and yearning

So Victoria and Dylan's ceremony was today...I'll steal some pics later from someone and put them up. She looked absolutely gorgeous (as always). :) It was beautiful. And God was honored...which is the most important of all. It was small, but it went very very well. And praise God for a beautiful day! It was pretty warm, but it was still beautiful.
And part of me wants a small wedding like that...someone's pretty back yard, close friends and family...not too too much stress. The other part wants something big...whatever. :)

So God's been teaching me about trust lately. Trusting Him. Actually, it's not just lately...it's been going on for a while. But this week was harder. Don't know why, but it just was. I'm supposed to trust in the Lord with ALL my heart...I am not supposed to be anxious for anything...I am supposed to wait on the Lord...but this week none of that even sounded easy. Praise the Lord for grace when I fall! Praise the Lord for being faithful when I am faithless! Praise the Lord for His sovereignty. Praise the Lord for loving me even when I'm shaming His precious name. He sees the depths of my heart...and He still loves me! Wow! :)

Holy design
This place in time
That I might seek and find
My God, my God

Lord, I wanna yearn for You
I wanna burn with passion
Over You and only You
Lord, I wanna yearn.

Your joy is mine
Yet why am I fine
With all my singing and bringing grain
In light of Him

Oh You give life and breath
Through Him You give all things
In Him we live and move
That's why I sing

Lord I wanna yearn for You
I wanna burn with passion
Over You and only You
Lord, I wanna yearn.

I want that to be my prayer, Lord. As I'm learning to trust You, let me yearn for You. Let me desire to know You character more. Let me learn to trust Your heart. Let me learn to trust You for You are good!

I delight myself in the richest of fair
Trading all that I am for all that is better
A garment of praise for my emptiness
You are the greatest taste
You're the richest of fair.

Take this heart of stone and make it Yours!

No comments: