Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Fly to Jesus

I feel like I update this thing a lot...but then again, it's a great outlet for all types of stress!

So, for those of you who I haven't talked to in detail about this...these past 5 days have been some of the most difficult and emotional days of my life. Our dear friends, the Ellises, have been walking through a severely difficult trial over the past 6 months, and our family has been walking this out with them. Mrs Ellise went home to be with Jesus on Friday morning, and since then life has been turned upside down. But the Lord has been faithful through it all.
Today was the most difficult of all the days. Her memorial service was this morning, and I had the honor of being on the worship team with some of the most gifted vocalists and musicians I have ever played with before. The whole singing before a bunch of people and trying to worship God while keeping my composure was tough. I was ok until I looked at the front row and saw all 5 children and Andy singing and worshiping their Savior. That wasn't working too well for me, so I decided to either close my eyes or keep them fixed on the back wall. :) The service was beautiful...so honoring to Mrs Ellise and it testified to God's grace both in her life and in the lives of her husband and children. I know God was glorified and we all were encouraged by the testimonies and memories of Mrs Ellise.
Tears abounded as we made our way to the cemetery where her body was going to be buried. As we said good-bye to her earthly body, I was encouraged knowing that she was in heaven in her heavenly body worshiping her Savior, whom she loved with all her heart. The hardest part was watching the kids say good-bye. I don't know what exactly they were thinking, but I got a glimpse when talking to Chan and Maggie. But their faith is strong...and I know that God will do amazing things in this family.
When we got back to the church, I was so grateful for the diversion of Annie and Bridgett. Their joyful faces and beautiful laughter was so wonderful to see...it was something their mommy would have wanted. Mrs Ellise loved to laugh and smile...and I hear her laugh and see her smile when I look at these two angels. They are so their mommy! She definitely won't be forgotten, for so much of her can be seen in her children.
So this amazing woman is now with Jesus...she's home. I'm jealous, actually, for she has no more pain, no more tears, no more suffering, no more sin...she is in the perfect presence of God, a place where even on earth she delighted in.

So with your final heartbeat
Kiss the world good-bye
Go in peace, and laugh on Glory's side
And fly to Jesus
Fly to Jesus
Fly to Jesus, and live!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Amanda,

What a beautiful post, so heartfelt. Thank you for writing, it really honors the Ellise family and most of all our Savior!

Love, Jenn

Billie said...

Manda,

Thought I'd write somethin' since I was here. It's not really Mrs. Stewart I was just on her computer.

love ya!
Camille

Billie said...

sissy,

hi! i am at the stewarts and i thought i would check out ur blog. it's vonderful!!!!!! thankyou for being faithful to put posts on ur blog. i love you!

dea