Saturday, March 22, 2008

A very Good Friday...

I stand redeemed. Justified. Ransomed. Clothed with the Righteousness of Christ. An object of mercy. Freed from God's wrath. Alive. With all the blessings of God on my life. Chosen.
Because Jesus died. A horrible, painful, excruciating death. And not just physically. Spiritually, He had to deal with the fact that He was going to have the entirety of God's wrath over sin poured out onto Himself. And He didn't deserve any of it. He was perfect. The perfect Lamb of God slain for imperfect sinners like me. He didn't have to...but He chose to obey His father so that mankind might be reconciled to God through His death.

Yesterday was Good Friday.

It was also my dad's 40th birthday, and that occupied most of the activities of the day.

But the few brief moments I had to reflect on the significance of yesterday made me more keenly aware of Christ's great sacrifice for me. Because of His death, I now have hope for each day. Because of the cross, I can walk the road set before me with confidence knowing that since Christ has satisfied my greatest need, He will be faithful to supply all my other needs...the things He has for me. I am no longer ruled by sin, but am now a slave to Christ. How wonderful it is to know that when my days on this earth is through, I will spend eternity in the presence of God because Christ died to save me!

Oh Jesus, thank you! How can I keep from singing Your praise because of what You have done for me! You died for me so that I may live. Thank you!

This was the song that played over and over in my head yesterday...I hope you enjoy the words!


Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I
Tempted and tried
You are
The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now You're risen
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross

No comments: