So I'm sitting here waiting for class to start and one thought runs across my mind..."Why am I here?" Why do I continue to voluntarily go to school when I could quit at any moment? Where did these thoughts come from? Are they prompted by a conversation I had with a friend last night? Maybe. Are they from a restless heart that wants change really badly and is refusing to be content where she is? Probably...actually, yeah, that's it.
I pray that I would be content here. That I would see college as a gift from God that will benefit me one day. I know it's good for me...but Lord, help me be truly grateful for it. I know it's the best use of my time right now, so help me to thank You for it and to glorify You by working to the best of my ability.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Contentment is the key to a righteous life for how you live today at heart becomes what your tomorrow will look like. IF you live right today, then, tomorrow will take care of itself. If you have a simple trust, humility, and walk in peace each day with God's daily plan for your life, no matter how insignificant or trivial it may seem......He can trust you with bigger things tomorrow, but NOT until He can trust you with the daily grind now. If you can't find contentment in this time, in this hour, you will not find contentment in anything in the future and will learn to live a life of dreams where all your contentment is in what you envision, but not in what you are doing at present which is reality. See, God is in the small things. Not just the big things and there are more small things in life, and small moments than big ones. Contentment today, means a harvest of righteousness tomorrow....in the future. Satan will rob you of your joy today and tomorrow of all it's strength by deceiving you into living a fulfilled and contented life only through your dreams....and what you allow yourself to dream about. That is not GOd. That is deception. For you do NOT know what a day will bring or what you will be given in the future. Dont spend a lot of time dreaming and envisioning the desires of your heart at present...because GOD IS IN THE NOW....not in your daydreams. God leads with wisdom, soundness, and strength, not with distraction, day dreaming, and restlessness....Your greatest joy has to be in Him. YOu have to be still and Know HE is the Lord.....of you, not just the Lord of all. When that becomes personal, you will be content. NO man worth having wants a woman who finds her contentment in him. A man really wants a woman he can find comfort in the contentment she already has. Become the right person and wait upon the Lord and He will renew your strength.
The Lord bless you.
C
I would encourage you to challenge
yourself with a book by Don Richardson called "Eternity in Their Hearts"........God has put in your a unique desire for the lost. But, God must first work in your heart to reveal to you, His desire for the lost. Then, He will give you a vision
of His glory in your life and He will lead you to the lost. To some, you will plant, to others you will nurture, and many you will be used to break the bondage of blindness in their souls. The gifts of grace will flow through you freely as God empowers you to love the most unloveable souls even the seemingly most unreachable souls, yet, God, in allll His soverignty can reach His nail scarreed hand through your heart into theirs and claim their souls for His own taking.......But, contentment must come first, without distraction. For, in singleness of mind you will find
the heartbeat of God in your life.
Post a Comment