Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Blessed be Your name, Jesus!

And as the thunder rolls, I barely hear You whisper through the rain, "I'm with you." And as Your mercy falls, I'll raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away.
I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, for You are who You are, no matter where I am. And every tear I've cried, You hold in Your hand. You've never left my side. And though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm!
"Praise You in this Storm" ~Casting Crowns

Oh Lord, help me to praise You now with every breath...for although I don't understand Your ways, I know You are working and I know You are good. My will doesn't count...Yours alone counts.

So I wrote a prayer in my journal a month or so ago telling God that I trust Him. Completely. And I meant it. And I still mean it. I just need to be reminded each day of how trustworthy He is. Because of the cross I can trust Him with my life. Because of the cross I can trust Him with my heart when things get fuzzy. Because of the cross I can trust Him with in my trials and when it's hard to see Him working in the midst of my trials.

This passage has been an encouragement to me during this last month, so in closing, I hope it will encourage you as well!

"The saying is trustworthy, for if we have died with Him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with Him; if we deny Him, He also will deny us; if we are faithless, He remains faithful--for He cannot deny Himself." 2 Timothy 2:11-13

Oh great God of highest heav'n
Occupy my lowly heart.
Own it all and reign supreme
Conquer every rebel power.
Let no vice or sin remain
That resists Your holy war
You have loved and purchased me
Make me Yours forevermore.

1 comment:

Hannah Elisabeth said...

amanda....i love talking to you, watching you worship, seeing your passion for God, talking with you in family groups, rooming with you....you bless me!!!