Thursday, February 26, 2009

I will stand at my watchpost...

"Are you not from everlasting, O Lord, my God, my Holy One? We shall not die...I will take my stand at my watchpost and station myself on the tower to look out to see what the Lord will say to me, and what I will answer concerning my complaint." (Habakkuk 1:12, 2:1)

"O Lord, I have heard the report of you, and your work, O Lord do I fear. In the midst of the years revive it; in the midst of the years make it known; in wrath remember mercy...I hear, and my body trembles; my lips quiver at the sound; rotteness enters into my bone; my legs tremble beneath me...Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I WILL REJOICE IN THE LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength; He makes my feet like the deer's; He makes me to tread on my high places." (Habakkuk 3:2, 16-19)

"I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord." (Psalm 27:13-14)

More than watchmen for the morning,
I will wait for You, my God.
When my fears come with no warning,
In Your Word I put my trust.
And when the harvest time is over
And I still see no fruit,
I will wait,
I will wait for You.



He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
Annie J. Flint

This post is filled with words that are not my own, but are exactly what I need to hear right now. My soul must trust in God alone...but I need a lot of grace to do so. No mater how much I want to control my life, I must yield to the will of the Author of my life...and His will is so much better than my own. For when I have exhausted my store of endurance, when my strength has failed when the day is only half done, when I reach the end of my hoarded resources, my Father's full giving has only begun! And He just keeps giving and never stops!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.