Sunday, May 11, 2008

a smile in my life...



So the beautiful woman in the picture above is my mom, my best friend, and one of the greatest blessings in my life. :)

Mommy, I can't adequately express to you how much I love and admire and respect you. Thank you for encouraging me to love my Savior more. Thank you for continuing to speak into my life and never giving up on me, even in the many times when my pride is so great that I don't want to listen. Thank you for serving daddy and us girls selflessly. Thank you for serving others, and always being quick to look for areas to serve. Your example of a servant's heart provokes me to love others in that same way. Thank you for loving Jesus with all your heart. Thank you for seeking Him first and submitting yourself each day to His Word. Thank you for loving your girls. Thank you for desiring us to love Jesus more and more and to continue to get to know Him through His Word. Thank you for your little "internships"...I'm looking forward to them this summer. :)
And thanks for still letting me call you "mommy"...even though I'm 20. :) I love to laugh with you and to give you many numerous opportunities to laugh at me. :) Thank you for giving up sleep, especially on those nights when I just need to talk. Thank you for being faithful to help me see my sin, but also reminding me of grace through the cross.
I feel truly blessed to be your daughter...I don't deserve a mom like you. Love you so much!

1 comment:

sarah said...

So sweet Amanda- your mom is so great! Oh how someday I hope to be like her and have the same relationship with my daughters!