Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm so much better when I say your name...

So it's late right now...very late. ¡Pero no puedo dormir! Hmmm...I think I'm anxious about tomorrow. All day field trip with my "hippies" as I call them...they're my "hippies" and no one else's. :)

Honestly, I have this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach every time I go to this class, so as I'm sure you can understand, I'm not really jumping for joy at the prospect of spending...*counts on fingers*...7 hours with them tomorrow. Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way...'tis possible. Quite possible.

Maybe, just maybe, God put me in this class for a purpose that only He fully knows and understands. Maybe, just maybe, this is for my good and His glory. Maybe, just maybe, I'm there to be salt and light to a tasteless, dark people. Maybe, just maybe, He desires for His name to be spread through me. Maybe, just maybe, He will use me in this class. Maybe, just maybe, I'll grow in my love and gratefulness for my Savior through my time in this class.

So as tomorrow approaches, maybe I should change my perspective. Maybe I shouldn't look at this experience just as it is here and now. Maybe I should keep the gospel and keep eternity in mind, for that is where my mindset should be anyways. Maybe I should pray for opportunities to serve God and to spread His name through being in this class. Maybe I should ask for grace to have joy and to be salt and light tomorrow.

I think I'll do that. :)

So if anyone reads this tomorrow (Saturday, April 12), I would covet and greatly appreciate any prayers you might think to offer up for me. I'm going to need much grace to honor the Lord with my attitude and with my heart tomorrow...that's very very certain! Thank you in advance. :)

(And by the way...my title has absolutely nothing to do with this post...that line of one of my favorite Matty songs ever played right as I started typing. That's all.)

¡Hasta luego! Until next time...

2 comments: